Certified/Licensed Automotive Technician
- Knowledge of automotive systems and the ability to explain systems and repairs to others.
- Willingness and ability to maintain current product and technical knowledge.
- Appropriate technical certifications.
- Ability to diagnose vehicle problems and interpret work orders.
- Ability and desire to repair vehicles correctly the first time.
- Ability to diagnose vehicle problems other than those on the work order or those described by the customer.
- Ability to estimate time of service or repair job for purposes of efficient scheduling with use of proper assistance.
- Knowledge of parts requirements to complete a job, and ability to communicate parts requirements via repair orders.
- Ability to maintain communication with Service Consultant and Parts Department.
- Knowledge of approved and established procedures for conducting service and repairs.
- Ability to document repairs performed on completed customer service orders.
- Ability to stay current by attending technical training school and by reading and understanding service manuals, technical bulletins, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with the quality control and inspection requirements of the Service Department.
- Ability to clock on and clock off when working on a repair and follow proper policies and procedures.